2010年7月28日星期三

Back to Home


Finally after 12 days and then 27 hours (and a half) on a train we arrived in Guangzhou, we were almost home!
By chance as soon as we came out of the train there were signs directing us to buy tickets to Shenzhen. Half an hour later we were on the train back to Shenzhen (albeit with no seat...until later when people got off).
When we finally grabbed some seats two women began talking to us. The contrast between the two women could not have been more striking. One was a young, skimpily dressed Cantonese who barely spoke English and had instantly fallen in love with my room-mate, the other was a middle-aged Harvard educated international business woman who spoke fluent English, had children working in banks all over China and Hong Kong and had many fascinating stories of life and business to tell us. Both women were amazed however that each of us spoke Chinese (even though we only said a few words). My room-mate got the number of the young lady who I definitely thought was a hooker, I on the other hand regret not getting the business card of that woman who was joined by the husband and grand children since I’m sure she would have been a good contact to have. Oh well, lesson for the future.
Then, finally after passing immigration and the like we were back in Hong Kong!
Home!
Many visitors to Hong Kong complain that it is crowded and polluted, but compared to most big cities in mainland China it is quiet and the air is fresh.
From Hung Hom we took a direct bus back to Pok Fu Lam. After a quick elevator ride to our floor, I rushed to the toilet for the most satisfying release of the entire two weeks.
This trip was tiring to say the least. After staying put in HK for a while I think I will return to the Mainland soon (especially now since I have a multiple entry Visa).
The top places I wanted for my China trip are:
Shanghai (post-Expo), Hangzhou, Huangshan, Suzhou and Nanjing (one trip)
Then Xinjiang Province and maybe Gansu
Hainan Island
Wudangshan Kung Fu temple in Hubei, along with the Three Gorges Dam and the Yangzte towards Sichuan.
Sichuan province: Emei Mountain, The Wulong Panda reserve, JiaZhaigou and Chengdu for Hot Pot!
And then back to Taiwan in the Republic of China.
I despite the complaints and stuff (which is just for humour), overall I do love travelling China!- it is such a fascinating country after all.

没有评论:

发表评论